Sunday 7 August 2011

Weekly Wrap Up 6

Good evening, everypony, and congratulations! We've managed to make it to the end of another week. And what a week it's been! Turnout this week was quite respectable

EDIT: Scratch that! We somehow missed a number of entries, bringing the grand total up to 98 entries featuring many adorable pony pets! A good number of the entries were quite punny, as well - I approve. And, as always, you all have amazed me with your developing skills and incredible artwork - each and every week, you set the bar higher for what can be achieved!

Give yourselves a hoof, everypony - you deserve it :)



Now, I've been feeling for a while that the blog posts here were lacking... a certain something. A substantive and personal quality that I remember the incomparable Phoe's posts having during the NATG. And while I am certainly no Phoe, I'd like to give it a try! (Feel free to skip my ramblings and go on to the art - I'm not offended in the slightest!)

Thinking of pets makes me think about the process of domestication - which, in turn, makes me think how weird it is that we've managed to domesticate cats at all.

I mean dogs, it totally makes sense! They're omnivorous pack animals that respect and follow authority, and are prone to scavenging around human settlements. It was really just a matter of time until some early human fed a wolf, showed that they were the alpha creature, and had them tagging along at their heels as the first proto-dog. The rest is history.

Cats, on the other hoof? Cats - especially wild cats, mind; which is where the stock for domesticated cats would have come from - are generally skittish and solitary creatures. They don't care for commands, packs, or pecking orders. And the domestication seems to have not done much more than reduce their size - most cats will go feral in days if released and not attended to. Plus, cats are generally better-armed; providing yet another barrier to taming the creature. So, short of using The Stare, how did we ever get cats as we know them today?

I tell you what, though - I'm glad we did. My cat is awesome, and I'm lucky to have him :)



Well, enough of my prattling! What pony pets did you all choose to draw? Let's take a look and find out!


(Also, special thanks to Fetchbeer for making the blog header this week!)

EDIT: Please let me know if we're still missing your entry, and I will get it up post-haste!




1 Saffielia (Such a cute little doe! I want one! - Atlur)


2 Hikarixxkh


3 Errick (A marmot is a very unique pet. I like it! - Atlur)


4 RydelFox (This pet is almost cool enough for Dash - kits)


5 Splashlerz


6 ArcticIceBreaker (Portal and Pony, perhaps a perfect pairing? -kits)


7 Icy-Bolt (Squirrels are one of my favorite animals :) - Atlur)


8 FeralBloodDragon


9 paulinaghost


10 FilipinoNinja95 (they have the same eyes =D -kits)


11 Samuel E Allen


12 bibliodragon


13 candysnow-09 (best sonic fan-thing ever - kits)


14 Daniel120


15 ArtisanAP (I bet Celestia cheats by just having her Solrock use Sunny Day to raise the sun - Atlur)


16 Invidlord


17 larrle


18 ColinMLP


19 Weasgotu89


20 KuroiTsubasaTenshi


21 Goggle Sparks (I think a raven suits this mate quite well, though her secrets it might to others tell. - Fetchbeer)


22 hayhedgehoghay


23 Nowler


24 fribox (the art equivalent of a crack ship? me gusta -kits)


25 Alipes


26 ArtisanAP


27 DarkKnightWolf2011


28 Nun2artzy


29 Oldchap226 (Tuxedo Gummy is best Gummy - Atlur)


30 imnotparanoid68


31 ReakkorShrike


32 PineappleSam (Pegaprawn? Prawnasus? Silly either way - Atlur)


33 maxpwny


34 LifeSequenceBreak


35 Manden


36 WillDrawForFood1


37 PineappleSam


38 yiKOmega (She found her pet down by the lake, too bad she couldn't see it was a fake. - Fetchbeer)


39 KuroiTsubasaTenshi (This is pretty much awesome on every level! -Lunar Apologist)


40 DarkKnightWolf2011


41 BlackRose629


42 demented-Mr-Paulsen


43 kitsuneymg


44 Argembarger


45 Atlur (Way to bring back the ponies and spiders meme -anon)


46 Doppelgangsta


47 Hacchicat


48 MoonlightScribe


49 MoonlightScribe (Poor bunnies by Carrot Top are confused, and when they chew on her she is not amused. - Fetchbeer)


50 MoonlightScribe


51 hip-indeed


52 DI-FL


53 UltraFamicom (Will Rarity ever live down this thing with rocks, or will she be forever receiving them in a box. - Fetchbeer)


54 grilledcat (Twilight's love for that machine seems a bit excessive, in fact I think it borders on the obsessive. - Fetchbeer)


55 BANNED FOR DISCORD SPOILERS

56 Nullh (HOLY SHI- DAT SIGNATURE! so jelly -kits)


57 Facelessguru


58 Easteu


59 fongsaunder (To find their masters these pets band together, but first they must have a grand adventure. - Fetchbeer)


60 JunaECBS


61 FoxOFWar


62 PajiPants


63 AmbroseButtercrust (I see: Both Applebloom and Sweetie Belle have chickens for pets =P - kits)


64 Sir-Dangereaux


65 CrunchNugget


66 LunarApologist (Luna loves her tiny anteater, so cute together they might cause a seizure. - Fetchbeer)


67 necrodios
Linked since it's behind a mature tag!

68 RaspleZS (Those socks looked to tasty to resist, though to remove the rabbit Fluttershy must assist. - Fetchbeer)


69 JunaECBS


70 allanah (These two meeting was due to fate, for neither of them can see straight. - Fetchbeer)


71 Tecknojock


72 Amehdaus


73 rumikoholic


74 Fetchbeer


75 ThisNameIsNotProfane (On the Doctor we do depend, for the weeping bunnies seek our end. - Fetchbeer)


76 Prismatic-Pretzel


77 Wolferahm (I had a friend whose hedgehog made a sound like a mini-lawnmower when it was agitated or excited. It was actually pretty adorable! -Lunar Apologist)


78 Delta-Pangaea


79 Chromadancer


80 larrle


81 Terrible Transit


82 LeafGrowth


83 DespisedAndBeloved


84 VirgaRainboom (Fighting clouds are really dangerous... -LSB)


85 Jeff Martinez


86 vazgut


87 TheRecliner27


88 Fox-E (Probably not. -LSB)


89 Rhanoa (And we're all here to hail to our beloved moon princess! -LSB)


90 naytree


91 Fatum--Inanis


92 AQNichols (Sorry this got missed the first time around! -Lunar Apologist)


93 Philith


94 bluefiresword


95 bananizen


96 LittleMonster125


97 Sapo100


98 PastelPony

14 comments:

  1. Late entry!
    You simply cannot deny the cuteness of Flutteryasha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 here
    14 - YES, there needs to be more art of Luna+Abacus
    27 - I never noticed that Goombas looked like Muffins before
    29 - What Atlur said
    35 - Shoo be doo shoop shoo be doo
    38 - Perfect pet for Derpy
    54 - I laughed, then I saw the type of computer and laughed again
    56 - Jelly
    84 - Love the spiked collar

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pets.

    I wonder what our next theme will be...

    ReplyDelete
  4. #55 here!

    wow, awesome!!
    36, 38, 54, 58, 59, 73, 75 and 91 are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm... Mines not here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @PastelPony - Should be fixed now!

    There was so much derpin' on this one. Sorry! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dont worry, ahm just glad ta be a part of this

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job everypony! Gotta love the pets. I learn something today. I learn I should work at least a day earlier on a theme. Since today I worked all day on that comic.

    Well great job everypony! Really loving the art here. Stay Strong Bronies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's only behind a mature tag because it has Rarity wearing a ball gag. I'm paranoid about stuff like that.

    But enough about me! There are 97 other awesome entries!
    I'm not sure which there was more of:
    "D'aww", "lol", or "Holy crap,that's awesome!"

    I enjoyed this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work everypony - again! :D

    Very much enjoyed them cute pets(even if I just drew a pissed off, off-model Opalescence, hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely LOVE 84.

    And thanks @NME-NRG! I tried my best. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, this keeps getting awesomer week after week. Great work, all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fluttershy and Inuyasha? That's an interesting pairing. What was the inspiration, pray tell? (Ponies and Dog demons are awesome anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @reynard61. Well I didn't draw it as a "pairing," but I guess you could interpret it that way. As for the inspiration, Fluttershy has a tendency to befriend animals, and Inuyasha is a dog (demon). Also, the contrast between Inuyasha's heroic hotbloodedness and Fluttershy's gentle innocence is adorable to imagine.

    ReplyDelete